Tuesday, March 29, 2016

From the past

A short while ago a friend of mine sent me a picture of an old girlfriend of mine I dated briefly back in the mid 80s.

She was a decade older than I am and is still a decade older than I am now for some odd reason. I have never been able to figure out why that happens.

She's in her mid 70s now and still drop dead gorgeous.

She taught me one big lesson in life. Nobody is out of my league.

I commented to her once that I wondered why she was dating me because I was obviously out of her league.

She smiled at me and told me I was selling myself short and that it was HER decision to decide who was in her league.

I never sold myself short again, thanks to her.

We parted ways because I was in the middle of a transition and a small boat sailing voyage. Over the years I wondered if leaving was the right thing to do and I know it was.

Circumstances of the time dictated it. I had to go and I did what I had to do.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment