Monday, March 14, 2016

I just found out a couple of hams call me 'Corporal Yakasumi'.



It is because someone started a rumor a while back that I was sending CW (Morse) messages on the ham bands claiming to be a leftover Japanese holdout from WW2 out in New Guinea someplace.

I guess a while ago someone did that and stirred up a hornet's nest. 

Anyway, someone said that it was the kind of thing I would do and they're probably right. I have a sick sense of humor.  I once posted on a board that I served with Colonel Roosevelt in Cuba.

Most people chuckled but enter the Dumb $hits who believed it. Hilarity ensued when someone pointed out that knowing how to count can save someone a lot of social embarrassment.

If the people that either believed I served with TR or accused me of being a glory hound faker had bothered to do a little mental math they would realize that I would have to be about 136 years old.

Still, when I was frst accused of the CW misdeed I simply grinned and didn't deny it. After all, that is a pretty good mark to have on one's record. 

The stories surrounding a misdeed like that tend to grow and grow. Last time I heard the rumor was that the Japanese Army were sending out two or three battalions to look for him.

I came here to patently deny this misdeed but as I sit here writing I don't think I will. I will neither confirm nor deny it.

Besides, I am beginning to like being called Corporal Yakasumi.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment