Sunday, February 12, 2017

Another Sunday morning and I am already at it early.

Started the day off after a good sleep and a pretty good cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I should do this more often because it's good coffee.

Tomorrow I have to get my act together and get myself another Coast Guard physical because they changed the requirements. They now require one every two years. It used to be every five with a renewal.

In fact when I first got my document it was when you first got it issued and it was good for life.

I am nearing the end of my career and over the past thirty or so years have watched the government make things more and more difficult and expensive.

When I first started licenses and documents were free. Documents were good for life and licenses required a renewal every 5 years. The renewal was a simple process that took a few minutes. You went down to the REC and signed a few statements and you were off and running for another half-decade.

It grows more and more difficult to keep things going and it will not take much for an older guy to go bust on a physical and have to leave the industry ahead of schedule.

Looking at things the way they have become I would NOT recommend a career in the Merchant Marine for a young guy to enter as it grows harder and harder to last a full career.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment