Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My mother was not alone on my

shit list of people that didn't know what was good for them.

In my lifetime I have had to deal with quite a number of people that thought they knew what was good for me and have tried to steer me in this direction or that. It never works unless it is the direction I was headed to anyway.

As I write now I have been smoke free for nearly 100 days. However, there is a pack of Camels in the freezer in case I decide I want a smoke. It is the third pack I have put there since I stopped smoking.

Someone keeps taking it out and throwing it away because they are afraid of me seeing it and starting up again. I keep replacing it and last month has a loud word with my wife to leave it the hell alone and stop trying to save me from myself.

One of my biggest pet peeves is someone trying to save me from myself. It generally results in an ugly knee jerk reaction.
Let's look at my smoking cessation. I have stopped smoking. I have NOT quit because I have never quit anything in my life. If nothing else, I am persistent. I do not quit.

I have stopped smoking because I wanted to stop smoking and I reserve the right to start up again any time I see fit.
If I knew the world was going to end tomorrow I would go straight to the nearest 7-Eleven and buy a pack of Camels, climb up onto the top of my roof, light up and watch the world end.

I had a long talk with my doctor about old age and although it took him some figuring out, he finally understood. He knows that if I end up with some always fatal disease he is to give me the OK to start up again. Until then I suppose I will stay smoke free but maybe not. Either way it is my choice and only my choice and there is nothing anyone else can do about it. Tough shit.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment