Friday, April 28, 2017

One of the things I am not too good at

 is doing more than one thing at a time.

I have a sister that can run two monitors, text, talk on the phone and carry on a face to face conversation all at once. I can not for the life of me figure out how she does that.

In my line of work we are generally taught to do one thing at a time and do it to completion. 

While like anywhere else, interruptions occur, the general rule is finish one thing before you go onto the next. There are some things we do out here that if there is an interruption you stop the process until the interruption is taken care of.

Taking fuel is one example. The person taking fuel does that and only that. It is something we can't afford to screw up on. If there is an interruption the person taking fuel shuts down until the interruption is taken care of.

One of the things that I can pretty much guarantee that will get me annoyed is when I am in the middle of something and someone starts in with the "What about this?" or "What about that?".

My answer, unless it is a fire or something is generally, "What about it? I do only ONE thing at a time."

It often gets the person angry but that's just too damned bad.

If you want a juggler then go to the circus and hire one.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment