Saturday, August 19, 2017

One of the hardest things to get out of a car guy is to find one that will do what YOU want him to do with it and not what HE wants to do with it.



I have been told (and believe) that this holds double for motorcycles.

I have been watching a friend trying to get his motorcycle painted. He does not want anything done to it except he wants it a different color than it is. It’s really quite simple but the guy running the paint shop doesn’t seem to understand that the simple process is to take the various motorcycle assemblies and spray them. That’s all. He doesn’t have to do any more or any less.

Yet the guy can’t seem to understand that my friend does not want flames, pin stripes and all the rest of the fancy hoo-ha that the man is capable of. My friend doesn’t want flames painted on the gas tank or fancy detailing on the fenders. He just wants the assemblies painted a certain shade of blue. That’s all.

I suggested to him he tell the prospective painter that he take the bike to a shop that does collision repairs because they seem to understand the concept of making something look like an original.

When I have any work done on my vehicle I take it to a mechanic shop. I know a couple of ‘car guys’ that will do me a lot of favors but I can’t seem to get car guys to understand the word ‘stock’. They all seem to want to do something to my pickup, even if it is something like put in a little hotter spark plug or something.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment