Thursday, August 31, 2017

Written at sea some time ago.




As I sit here my ship mate is making something good to eat out of some kind of a roast that I personally would use to resole a pair of army boots with. Some guys really have the knack of cooking like that.

I am a pretty good peasant food cook myself and can cook up a pretty good Sunday dinner if I decide to but this guy cooking now is kind of special. He has the ability to take an old boot and turn it into something totally delicious.

The roast in question was pretty tough so he sliced it up and decided to make cheese steaks out of it. All in all it’s a pretty damned good idea for an inexpensive roast. Personally I would have slow cooked it but that is just me. Cheese steaks are great.


I should pay a little more attention to this guy and maybe if I did I would eat a little better at home.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment