Monday, August 5, 2019

I am angry at my generation

We're retiring now left and right and I suppose I will probably join them to some extent sooner or later but I really am pretty aggravated at the way we have left the nation for the younger people we will leave behind.

Truth is the best thing we can do for them when we stop working is simply die.

I realized this at reunion 50 and it really deadened me toward an awful lot of my classmates. Truth is when i realized that we had blown it I was fortunate that I simply didn't get slime crawling drunk.

Some of the people there that had run businesses seemed to understand. Many didn't and seemed to think that it is OK to suck off the government tit.

I saw someone there that was practically bragging about her 'magic cards'. Apparently she is running up her credit cards and paying the minimum and plans to die thousands and thousands in debt. She apparently had no idea that this meant the rest of us were going to wind up paying her bills.

A couple had retired from non government unions which is fine because it's a private deal. Actually I am going to pull a small union pension when I retire.

Truth is we are leaving our younger generations a mountain of debt.

Our generation could have fixed social security but we didn't. We could have lowered the National Debt but we didn't. Instead we simply kicked the can down the street another couple of blocks and our grandchildren are going to get stuck with it and probably get bound into governmental slavery. Debt is slavery.

I do not think I am going to make it to Reunion 55 or 60. I'm too damned angry and heartsick with what we left behind.

I saw two of my teachers show up and I looked at them and quietly wandered off. I remember one as an idiot and the other as a nothing. It's sad. Neither of them contributed to my education.

I met one of my teachers about 25 years ago and he was one of the few good ones I had. He actually understood why I felt that much of my useful education came from my father at the kitchen table and understood the way I felt.

There were a handful of halfway decent alumni there but too many of them had no idea of what they were leaving their grandkids with. It reminded me of Alfred E. Newman saying, "What? Me worry?"

I left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Thank God my niece and nephew know I did what I could for them.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment