Monday, March 23, 2020

I have a niece that's a nurse and I cringe when she goes in to work

But much to her credit she goes in to work with no bullshit or fanfare. She has three kids to support and that's the way it is.

She took the job pretty much the way a soldier takes his. They pray for the best, prepare for the worst and simply take what comes and accept it.

On the neighborhood web site there's now a nurse babbling about how bad she has it and how important she is and so on and so forth.

I answered her by pointing out that I have met a couple of nurses that served in Vietnam and were occasionally subject to enemy fire. Eight of them were killed in action.

Of the nurses I have run into, EVERY SINGLE ONE considered their tour in Vietnam to be the high point of their nursing career.

I suggested that this woman try and change her attitude and realize that when this COVID-19 plague is over that she will have something to be very proud of.

Of course it was not deemed 'sensitive' and the post was deleted by a moderator.

My niece is going into work now every single day because that's her job. She knew it could wind up being hazardous and to tell you the truth she has taken a pretty tough route as a nurse. She's worked in rehab units and is now a nurse in a county jail.

Yet I don't hear a peep out of her. She just goes in and does her job.

When this mess is over and done with I hope she enjoys a quiet pride in herself for doing what has to be done in very trying circumstances.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment