Saturday, March 21, 2020

Kudos to the International Chain company (or whoever made the chain)

In this corner cutting world I must give the International chain people extra credit for spending a lousy quarter cent or so to make my life a LOT easier.

I recently needed a bucket of 3/8s inch chain and bought a 250 foot pail. It was about the size of a 5 gallon pail and heavy as hell. 

Now anyone that has bought a pail full of chain knows that you open it up and look for the end. Of course you can't find it so you simply grab a piece of chain and start pulling it out until you find the end. Theoretically one could pull out 125 feet out of a 250 foot length until BOTH ends come out.

Still, I generally find the end after pulling out about 40 or 50 feet.

Not THIS time!

The International people bought a big spool of thin pink ribbon and tied a piece to the end link of the chain.

When I opened the pail, Lo and Behold! I sat a piece of pink ribbon and PRESTO! it was on the end.

It didn't take much, less than a penny which is the lowest coin of the realm to make life easier for me.

It made things much easier and saved me time.

Thanks, International!

Hey, when some asshole writes you complaining that the ribbon cheated him out of his overtime please don't ruin it for the rest of us and stop putting the ribbon on the end link!

Tahnks, International!     



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment: