Saturday, March 28, 2020

My social security number is six.

Six?

Yes, six. Or so I tell people that ask for it either on line or when I get hit by a rare telephone scammer.

"What? Six? Six what?"

"Just plain six. Actually it's zero zero zero  zero zero  zero zero zero six.  I was one of the first ten to apply back in 1935 and President Roosevelt had us come to the White House and personally give us our cards. It was really quite exciting. I got to ride on a train for the first time in my life. There was a big ceremony as he gave us our cards. Mine was number six."

"Really? How old are you?"

"I am 107 years of age."

"You don't sound that old?"

"That is because as a young man I never drank any cheap liquor. Just top shelf spirits and as much as I could get my hands on. Cheap liquor ages a man ahead of his time."

It's really quite surprising how many people believe it.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment