Monday, April 11, 2022

Another visit to a convenience store and a chat with a cop.

Most people do not know that cops have a pretty good sense of humor. Otherwise they'd eat their pistols. It's a coping mechanism that most of them develop to one degree or another.

Some clown was beating some poor cops ear about the litter at some park or someplace and so on and so forth. I felt bad for the cop so I pitched in. I looked at Joe Citizen and said he could at least pitch in and cut down on the litter. He asked how.

"When you buy beer for teenagers always get them to promise to throw their empties on well manicured lawns so they'll get picked up and recycled," I said.

He went agape and the cop would have snarfed it he was drinking his soda. 

"I don't buy beer for teenager!" he exclaimed, indignantly.

"So, you admit you let just ANYBODY buy beer for the kids even if he doesn't make them promise to throw the empties on a well manicured lawn so they'll be picked up and properly recycled, right?"

"Interesting," said the cop. "There is a certain amount of truth in that argument. It would cut down of littering somewhat."

Joe Citizen stared at the cop and said, "You mean I should buy beer for kids?"

"I didn't say that," said the officer. "It's illegal. It's just that if the people that did buy beer for kids at least got them to not throw their empties just anywhere it would reduce the amount of litter."

"It would certainly help the appearance of our great nation's highways and byways," I interjected. The cop held back a smirk because when I said that  used the feigned innocent tone of voice. It went over Joe's head.

Joe Citizen turned to me. "So, when you buy beer for kids you make sure they don't litter, right?"

"I don't buy beer for under aged people," I said. "It's most certainly quite illegal and endangers and lowers the moral of the fine upstanding youth of America. I'm a good law abiding good American citizen!"

"But you said..." Joe stammered.

"I never said I bought intoxicating beverages for under aged people," I said. "Not only is it immoral but it corrupts the very essence of our future, the American youth. It's also a criminal act and I'm a responsible citizen and one of the solid pillars of the community."

A voice shouted, "Number eighty-seven!"

"That's me," I said. "Well, off to pick up my well planned out low calorie lunch and then go off to work and spin the wheels of industry."

I grabbed my two hot dogs for a buck and hit the bricks and started to eat it outside using the tonneau of my pickup as a table. The cop walked out, looked at me and shook his head.

I looked back and laughed. "When I heard him beating your ear about the litter wherever it was I figured you were having a day that your job needed a little help."

"Thanks, Pal," he said. But as he walked away he was clearly amused. Then he stopped again and asked me, "You wouldn't know who the guy was that told some woman he was buying beer to trade with high school kids for dope, would you?"





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment: