Friday, April 15, 2022

Today is one of those days where I want to do one out of two things.

Either eat an ice cream cone with a 5 or 6 year old girl or split a 1/2 pint of bourbon with a 90 year old man.

Either one will do.

It would be a joy to make a brief escape from people caught up in all the bullshit that goes with middle age.

Say what you will, but the best person I have been seated with on an airline was a small boy that had never seen the Wizard of Oz before.

We watched it while flying between Pittsburgh and Seattle.

There is nothing more entertaining and heart warming than watching a little kid see it for the first time and quietly singing along with it because I have seen it over 87 times before and practically have it memorized.

Edited to add, I did NOT sing 'Somewhere over the rainbow'. Songs like 'Follow the yellow brick road' were made for me to sing along with for people like me because I can't carry a tune in a Homer bucket. 'Somewhere over the rainbow' is reserved for Judy Garland.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment