Wednesday, April 27, 2022

The past week home has been interesting.

A couple of days ago I was doing old man stuff. I was talking to another guy my age griping about my prostate and hemorroids and that sort of stuff.

A guy about ten years our senior wearing a mask (we both were unmasked) strode past us at a good, fast gait. He walked like a guy in his forties and strode on past us rather quickly.

I looked at the guy I was gabbing with and asked him, "Who was that masked man?" We both laughed. Boomer humor. If you don't understand it, Google 'Who was that masked man?'.

A few days earlier some little Karen was masked and someone gave her crap about it. I butted in. "Leave her alone. She's got a right to wear that mask if she wants." She smiled and thanked me and wanted to hold me up as her champion but she was not off the hook. I turned to her and said, "And he has a right NOT to wear one. It's called 'liberty' and sometimes it's a bitch."

Her tormenter looked at me and admitted, "You know, you're right."

Karen looked at me crestfallen. Funny how people like telling other people what to do. I bet if the government had simply recommended it instead of trying to mandate it they probably would have gotten more compliance.

I read somewhere else that a lot of blacks are still masked and I gave that one about three seconds a nanosecond of thought. A lot of blacks remember the Tuskegee experiment and based on that they don't trust things like government vaccines. Can't say I disagree because the same government department of health knew cigarettes were bad for the health before WW2 shilled for Big Tobacco until the mid 60s.

Don't believe it? Google 'Nine out of ten doctors prefer Camels' and check out the TV commercials of the 50s and early 60s.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment