Friday, April 8, 2022

There's nothing funnier than explaining to someone that the laws don't apply to you because you're a criminal.

It was kind of a cold day a few years back when I drove an elderly lady to a store to pick up a few things. The plan was that I'd drop her off at the door and find a place to park and when she was done I'd swing by the door and pick her up.

I was dropping her off when some Joe Citizen said to me loudly,"Hey! That's a fire lane! You're not supposed to park there! It's against the law!"

"It's OK," I shot back."The laws don't apply to me. I'm a criminal. I break the law all the time. It's what I do. I commit crimes. What do you do?"

He didn't know what to say so he walked off agape.

Let's face it, there are not a whole lot of cops that are going to cart someone off for dropping an 80+ year old woman off at the door of a store, fire lane or not. If there was a fire the person dropping the other person off would simply drive off and vacate the fire lane, probably taking his passenger with him.

The law was put there to keep some jerk from parking in front of the door then going into the store and leaving his car there and possibly blocking fire equipment from access. 

Come to think of it, the law was put there because we have too many irresponsible people out there. If people lived responsibly we would not need too many laws at all.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment