Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Some people have some strange ideas about kitchens

which are nothing more or less than workshops to prepare food in.

I'll cheerfully admit that the knife I use almost constantly looks like it belongs in a tackle box but it's easy to use and sharpens very easily.

I do most of my cooking on cast iron and on rare occasions something sticks. When that happens I grab a 5 in 1 painter's tool to use as a scraper. It works very well.

I didn't pull it out of my tool box, I bought it specifically for that purpose and it stays in the kitchen.

If you look around my kitchen you'll find a couple of odds and ends that you don't find in the housewares department because they don't sell them there.

Another thing that looks out of place is my knife sharpener made by Smith's. It would be at home in a tackle box because it has a small stone built in for sharpening fish hooks and a monofiliment cutter.

Of course all I use it for is for sharpening my knife. It's a simple draw-through and sharpens my carbon steel Green River Hunter in just a few strokes. You won't find that in housewares, either.

Come to think about it, you won't find a Green River Hunter in housewares, either.

Then again, for me it's all about practicality.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment