Sunday, September 18, 2022

How many time have you seen 'Sands of Iwo Jima'?

For me it's been numerous, mainly as background when I am doing something else. I rarely watch it anymore but every time I saw it, Sgt Stryker (John Wayne) would get shot in the back by the same sneaky little Jap.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

You'd think that after the first couple of time he'd smarten up but he never does. He just keeps getting shot in the back by the same guy at the same time. He reminds me of the Republicans.

The Red wave expected in the mid terms MIGHT be a small red ripple if they are damned lucky and it's because they keep falling into the same damned trap, the social issues, mainly abortion and gay rights.

Here in PA the Republicans, following the reversal of Roe vs Wade are going to try and regulate/outlaw abortion and will lose what control of the state that they have now.

Get over it. Most women think that they have a right to reproductive freedom. They will staunchly defend it with their vote. 

Over the years I have heard woman after woman say, "I would never consider getting an abortion but I sure as hell am not going to take another woman's right to do so!"

Every single time the Republicans enter the moral/social arena they lose. Every. Single. Time.

Every single time the issue comes up and Lucy yanks the football out of Charlie Brown's path and Charlie falls flat on his ass.

The Tea Party started off as being somewhat fiscally conservative and ignored the social issues and started taking off. Then they allowed the Republicans to drag the social/moral issues into their platform and SURPRISE! There ain't no Tea Party anymore!

It looks to me like the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is about to turn blue.

The idiots!









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment