Saturday, September 3, 2022

Piccolo gets a $10 steak dinner at Texas Roadhouse.

which is next to the hotel Kitty and I are holed up in since the fire.

Sitting at the bar for a quick beer at a Texas Roadhouse and I was sitting next next the woman of a couple of some sort. I guess it was a dating situation.
He had ordered probably a burger of some sort and she had ordered a huge steak and everything else on the menu. When I sat down they had already ordered and their food started to arrive.
He started to chow down and I watched her take the obligatory two tiny bites and tell him she was full. He looked REALLY pissed off and I can't say I blame him. On the menu it was probably fifty bucks worth of chow.
I looked over at the poor bastard and said to him, "I'll give you ten bucks for her leftovers. After all, you're paying for it. Maybe you can recoup your losses."
The bartender, ever observant, looked wondering where this was going.
He pushed her entire meal over in front of me and said , "Mister, that's a done deal!"
I flipped him a ten.
The poor bartender had one hell of a time keeping a straight face.
Needless to say, she left in a huff and after my $10 steak dinner I bought him a beer and we discussed the fact that he got off cheap by finding out she was a gold digger AND recouping a part of his losses in doing so.
One of the things about being an old man is not looking a gift horse in the mouth. A ten dollar steak is a pretty good deal!



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Did you regale him with the tale of your "Fine Catholic Girlfriend" I told both my boys that story, (and a few others) in the hopes that they're well prepared woman and life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not told anyone about Roxy in some time now. Roxy was my nice Catholic non girlfriend girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete