Wednesday, September 14, 2022

One of the things associated with 'Liberty' is that unless it truly encroaches on yours (or someone else's)

you pretty much have to mind your own business.

You can't control someone else's sex life. You can't force people to eat the same way you do. You can't tell your neighbor when to mow his lawn. You can't tell him what color to paint his house. There's a lot of stuff you can't do to other people.

OK, you can TRY to tell someone what to do but do not be surprised to find yourself ignored or perhaps told to do something anatomically impossible.

I get more and more Libertarian as I age. I also get more stubborn, too.

Truth is I don't really care what someone else does so long and it doesn't infringe on mine or anyone else's personal liberties.

What business is it of mine if the guy down the street cuts off his own tallywhacker and gets a boob job? What business is it of mine who someone else marries?  I don't care who sleeps with who. Where do I get off forcing my sense of morality, religion, what have you on someone else?

On the other hand, nobody has any business forcing their $hit on me, either.

**********************************
From a political standpoint the Republicans would OWN this country if they just got out of the damned moral police business.








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with you. For me, I considered myself a libertarian in my early 20s, but have gotten farther away as I age. The vast majority need a guiding hand, if not a yoke upon their shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depending on which segment of society you are talking about, you very well may be right as far as needing a yoke because too many animals out there don't understand personal responsibility.

    ReplyDelete