Saturday, May 20, 2023

Exercising a right.

This goes way back to the 70s but a couple of times I strapped a revolver on and wandered through Colorado Springs. 

I was pretty much left alone and I don't recall anyone running and hiding when they saw me. A couple of times someone asked me about it and I explained that I was doing it that day simply to exercise a right that I hadn't exercised before. 

A little kid behind me was heard to ask his father if I was a cowboy and his dad said I probably was. IIRC I was dressed western that day.

I do remember going into a shop of some sort and the shopkeeper telling me I was about three hours late for High Noon. We chuckled.

A cop saw me and paid me no mind to speak of. I think he looked at me to determine that I was sober and that was about it.

I wasn't trying to draw attention so much as I was simply trying to exercised a right that I had never used before. I felt at the time unused things atrophy and to a certain extent still do.

Personally I think that open carry in this day and age should be legal everywehere even if it is stupid.

Time have changed and I imagine if I did that in this day and age I would get hassled quite a bit by any number of dip$hit do gooders. 

===============================







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment