Saturday, May 6, 2023

Low heat and time.


Makes practically any piece of meat tender.

I just threw a nasty pork roast I got for a song into the slow cooker and will leave it there for about 24 hours and we shall see what we shall see.

My guess is that in about 18-24 hours it will fall apart when I pull it out and I can make a pretty good pulled pork out of it.

================================

Undate. Yup. It fell apart and I put it into a mixing bowl and added barbecue sauce and got a pretty good pulled pork out of it. GREAT sandwiches!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I make slow cooker chili I use dried kidney beans sometimes and don't even bother soaking them the night before. I just throw them in the slow cooker and let the hot juices soften them up.

(That's if I decide to add beans which I may or may not do depending on the mood I am in at the time.)



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment