Friday, May 19, 2023

Oned of the things that is starting to really get me wound up


is trying to get business done over the telephone.

It's only gotten worse over time. 

It's not only the 'push one for English, push 2 for Spanish part that irks me. That I can understand.

Nine times out of ten the problem I have run into that I am trying to correct was caused by a human and only a human can fix it. The AI involved hasn't gotten very good and it wastes everyone's time.

It often takes me forever and a day to get to a real live human being and it just keeps getting worse and worse.

I bet if a company advertised that they would rip that entire system out and hire a few human beings they'd do rather well. The amount of money spent on humans to help people would easily be offset by the number of customers they'd gain.

I suppose the AI tampers with studies along these lines because they don't want to be out a job and sent to the electronics recycling bin.

Try this: Run the study the old fashioned way using no computers and see what happens.

Either that or have the companies start paying people for the amount of their time they waste.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. This has been my experience as well, and I do believe the future will see more and more of automation. As the population ages due to sub replacement birth rates, this 'labor shortage' that businesses still haven't figured out, is here to stay.

    Non essential businesses will be forced to turn to automation for survival, and those non essentials that can not be automated will largely cease to exit - or become insanely expensive. Essential jobs that can not be automated will become more and more lucrative for those who occupy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully my career is repairing marine navigational equipment, try doing that computer!

    ReplyDelete