Thursday, May 25, 2023

I don't know what to write about today.

One of the things I have noticed is that when you are talking to a child or an animal the person accompanying them often thinks you are talking to them.

Generally speaking, the kid or animal is going to be far more interesting that the adult with them. 

It always irks the adult when they hear me say, "I was talking to the (cat/dog/rhinoceros/kid or whatever)".

I think my all time favorite was when a couple was walking their dog, a truly handsome animal. I was on the front porch having morning coffee when they passed by and I spoke to the dog and said, "You beautiful thing, you."

The husband got irate and said, "That's my wife." 

"I've heard some of the clergy will perform same sex weddings but I have not heard of any that will marry a human to an animal" I replied. "Wow! That give an entirely new meaning to the term 'screwing the pooch'.

He was just starting to fly off at the handle when the brains of the operation, his wife, spoke out.

"He was talking to the dog," she said.







o find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment