Monday, December 4, 2023

A nice conversation with a father and son


that were walking past the house walking a dog and tossing a football back and forth.

In a voice OOZING with sarcasm, "My! We're certainly setting a poor example for they youngster by playing on the street with him."

He grinned, "I try."

"Keep up the good work," I said. "Hopefully Karen doesn't call the gendarmes on you."

"Actually she did once," He replied. "The cop just drove by slowly and waved." 

"Know who it was?" I asked.

" I have an idea."

"Well let the young man know so he can put her on the Halloween list." I said.

"In this day and age of cameras?" he asked.

"Ain't three kids in the entire town that don't know about masks, gloves and throwaway clothing." I laughed. "Someone's gotta keep Karen in line."

He laughed and said, "Don't give him any more ideas."

Then I grew somewhat serious. "Dumb $hit like throwing a ball is the stuff kids remember when they get old like me. We always remember the small stuff our dads did with us."

It's true. I remember a lot of the small stuff my dad did with me.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment