Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Another 18 YO plumber apprentice asked me about the military.

He, too had wanted to be a soldier but decided to apprentice as a plumber.

I said to him that if he wanted to stay within the United States DoD that his best choice was probably the Marine Corps. They somehow manage not to get as involved in social experiments much as the other services do.

I told him if he wanted to be a pure soldier that "The last vestige of being in an Old School army is the French Foreign Legion and I seriously don't recommend it."

Then I asked him what changed his mind about the army.

He said he was not interested in being a part of a once excellent organization that's gotten woke.

Interesting young man.

He told me about the recruiter giving him a call and yada yada yada. He said the recruiter sounded 'kind of desperate'.

I read where the Army grabbed a bunch of NCOs and ordered them on recruiting duty with pie in the sky promises of promotions if they were successful. My guess is a lot of careers are going to be ruined over this which will make things worse.

I think the young man made a pretty good choice.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, Dr.Jeanne Hoff passed away yesterday. She helped out many transgender people in her practice. To read more, go to www.emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com. Thank you very much. -- Emily Shorette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Emily. I have no idea who you are but I will write up a post about this. While I am no enemy of the LGBTQ community I am no real staunch flag waving supporter, either. Tune in in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete