Friday, January 8, 2010

A couple of days ago CNN was bellyaching

about the conduct of some on-line dating site, which somewhat amazed me.

With all of the earth shattering crap going on these days, you would think they would have batter things to report, but I guess not.

Anyway, there is, apparently, some kind of "Beautiful people" dating website out there that you have to be voted in to, and I understand that much of this is based on appearance. The guys all seem to have six-pack abs, the women seemed to look like models. All this strikes me as vanity, but that's OK by me.

Truth is, I can't say for certain as I have never visited the site,as I have no desire to based on what I saw on CNN. I could care less about the doings of movie star wannabes.

Part of the stink CNN was making was that it seems that a number of these beautiful people had eaten themselves fat over the holidays and no longer met the criteria of the website so they got the boot.

Now, my answer for this is s plain and simple statement; That's just too goddamned bad. You should have thought of that when you were reaching for your third helping of pumpkin pie smothered with ice cream.

I am not a member of this dating site, nor a member of any dating site because I have no desire to be a mamber as I am still a married man. Still, If I were to decide to join some kind of dating site, this is not one of them because it certainly isn't my style. Besides, I'm reasonably certain they are not looking for 58 year old men, even though I am in pretty good shape for 58. In fact, I really wouldn't even accept a free membership, period.

Of course, the usual CNN 'That's not fair' crowd jumped in and started a stink about rights.

What rights? This isn't a government funded project that is open to everyone, it's a private club.

Of course, I would imagine that almost anyone could join it they were willing to conform to the requirements the club has, but it would take work on the part of he prospective member.

Some fortunate prospective members might be eligible if they lost 5 pounds, make a couple trips to the gym, put on a smudge of makeup, whatever.

Other people might need a lot more help than that, say a tummy-tuck, a boob job, a butt-lift, collengen injections, and a major expenditure in plastic surgery, but if one is willing to jump through the hoops, I would imagine practically anyone could join.

Don't believe me? Look at what these Hollywood reality show doctors offer.

George Carlin once commented: "Ever notice the women that gripe about calendars and pinups are the ones that you wouldn't want to f*** anyway?"

I did notice that the people that were the most offended by this vain web site were the ones that couldn't get in, so rather than elevate theemselves by self-improvement, they want to tear the site down to their miserable level.

A while back, the Hooters chain was involved in a lawsuit from a wannabe employee that didn't meet the criteria for working there. A woman that waits tables there is supposed to be amply breasted. Fine. Hooters is a private institution shooting for a specific market niche, namely guys that like to be served by big breasted women.

I have eaten at a Hooters once out of curiosity and frankly, I didn't care much for it. The food was basic bar food and the drinks were too expensive for a guy with my frugal budget. I won't go there again.

This is my choice.

Still, it's the right of this establishment to shoot for their market niche and hire those that meet their criteria.

The crybaby that raised cain because big, mean, old Hooters wouldn't hire her should have simply decided that if she wanted to work there she should have gone out and gotten a boob job. Breast augmentation is reasonable affordable these days and in her case, it may have very well even been a tax write-off. A capital expenditure, so to speak.

Either that or work somewhere else.

I wish people would stop whining about what they can't easily obtain and sit down and decide to either strive to meet the criteria of simply do something else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I took the liberty of rebaiting the crab pot you keep at the end of the fuel dock, Sir, because I think you are growing tired of venison, halibut and salmon."

Piccolo's butler

No comments:

Post a Comment