Sunday, January 24, 2010

One of the things I am blessed with is a mate

that is bilingual.

He is apparently married to a woman that imigrated to this country and became a citizen, which is great. She came legally and jumped through all the hoops.

Now, this guy is comfortable speaking with his wife via cell phone in her native tongue. To me it is a joy to hear. The language has a pleasant sing-song air about it and the conversations always seem pleasant.

All is good. I am a happy camper with this guy. He kills time by working it to death. If you gave me 100 guys like this, I'd be able to do almost anything industrial. I could open a steel mill become another Andrew Carnegie.

Enter the suspicious idiot that wonders what he's saying.

He asks me how I know the mate isn't saying bad things about me.

I told this guy conspiratorially that I spoke the same language as the mate.

Mr. Nosy asked me what he was talking about and I told him that the mate has a sick dog, his wife is pregnant again and that his neighbor threw trash on their front yard.

"Gee! Sounds like my situation," said the idiot.

"Yup," I replied. "Things are the same all over."

Fact is, the reason I told the guy about the dog, pregnant wife and neighbor is because I overheard it from HIS phone conversation with HIS wife.

I don't have clue one as to what the mate talks about and I don't really care.

I have a funny feeling he's too busy with his family to waste words on what I'm doing, and frankly I'm happy he speaks in a foriegn tongue because I don't have to listen to his problems.

Instead I get to listen to a happy sounding sing-song half conversation in another language.

It's great.

Give me more guys like that.







my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment