Monday, January 25, 2010

It is a wintry rainy day

which I can live with. I hate snow for 2 reasons.

First, it is cold, and second, it doesn't go away for a while after it arrives.

A wintry rain is, of course, more miserable than snow, but it goes away almost instantly after it stops.

Most people don't look at things the same way I do. They worry about the here and now. Take the tiled bathroom I have at home. Looked like a million bucks when it first went in, and the walls outside of the tub still do, which is good.

Still. inside the tub area it has proven to be a royal pain in the butt because it has been a constant fight with keeping it up.

I wanted to put a fiberglass shower insert in, but got voted down.

I wish I had simply done it, anyway, but I caved in.

The fiberglass insert probably isn't as good looking as the tile was when it was new, but it sure is easier to take care of and can be brought back to brand new llooking status a whole lot easier. Simply clean it and give it a coat of wax.

Presto! Brand new!

Generally when I do things I don't worrry too much about how it's going to look when it's done.

I think about how it's going to look fifteen years later.

Just like I think about how after it stops raining that I don't have to go out and shovel snow.

my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment