Saturday, January 2, 2010

I spent New Year's Day with Mrs Pic

discussing the new year.

We are both optimistic and have decided to stop beating each other up, which is always a plus. I like peace and quiet and I think that she does, too.

I'm STILL going to reset the table, though. If you are not on my usual website, you don't know what this means. A while ago she commented that the way I had the table set up was a llittle dated, so I figured on redoing it by pulling the china and centerpiece off and replacing them with some GI steel trays. We'll see how that looks.

I crapped out at Mrs Pic's because I had a beer with dinner and I don't even like to drive home after one.

This morning she wan't feeling too well and asked me to pick up a few things. I hope she's not fighting the flu or something. She had 2 lists and I grabbed both even though she only had asked me to get food. I got the food and then went into the nearby store to get her a pair of jeans. I was rooting through looking for her size when a sales clerk in her late teens offered to help.

I told her I was looking for a smaller size.

"Oh, these are for your daughter?"she asked.

Maybe I was wrong, but I was somewhat annoyed.

"No," I replied. "They're for my wife. She's 58 years old and looks a whole lot better than most people your age."

The teenager turned red, quietly gave me the correct size and walked off.

Although Mrs Pic and I have more problems than Dear Abby ever faced in her entire career, I will certainly give credit where it is due. At 58 Mrs Pic still looks a hell of a lot better than most women 40 years her junior.

No comments:

Post a Comment