Friday, January 29, 2010

The trash guys do more for me than any politician

has ever done for me.

They make my life a whole lot easier. I'd have to load up the pickup and head off to the dump if it wasn't for them.

Now, all politicians really do is to tax me half to death and try and regulate my behavior, which is pretty much a waste of time because I generally do a decent job of regulating my own behavior when you get right down to it.

Most people take the trash guys for granted. I don't.

From time to time, I do little things for them, such as pass them on a 6 pack or maybe make them coffee or leave then something to eat.

It pays dividends, as they will often overlook the official rules and haul something off that they're really not supposed to.

It surprises the neighbors when they see things disappear that they wouldn't be able to put out and expect to be taken.

On an internet forum the subject came up and I turned my sarcasm meter up and posted that I could stuff a dead hooker into the trash and the guys would take it, no questions asked.

Some idiot didn't have his sarcasm detector on and freaked out. Hilarity ensued and maybe I'll post about it tomorrow.

Still, the bottom line is that the trash guys are a hell of a lot more useful in this society than most, if not all of the politicians.

Someone once said that politicians and diapers should be changed often and for the same reason. He had a point.

Maybe we ought to send the trash guys to Washington and do a little house cleaning.






my other blog is:

http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment