Sunday, January 17, 2010

One of the things I managed to avoid over the

years was the use of what is often incorrectly referred to as narcotics.

I'm really not too proud to post the reasons because it really doesn't speak too highly of me, but I'll explain.

I did not enter the drug world because I was afraid of addiction or the harm it would do to my body or even fear of being arrested.

The reason I avoided the drug world is that early on I noticed quite a number of things in the drug world that I quite simply wanted no part of whatsoever.

It wasn't the drugs, it was the world they created.

Every time I turned around I noticed that some user or another was either doing something very unsavory or was being the victim of another drug user. They were busy eating each other, so to speak.

I attribute the fact that, even though I was living on the fringes of society during my 20s and early 30s, that I suffered far fewer rip-offs and other problems than many simply because I really wasn't a part of the drug world.

Looking back on it, I think I made the right choice.




The Butler blog is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment