Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The daily has run for over 90 days now

and the only times I have missed were the days I was at sea and had no access to the internet.

Even then I would write something and I'd post it when we got back within range.

I have done this for a number of reasons. It's fun, for one thing, a discipline for another and it is a pretty good way to vent some of life's little frustrations.

Sometimes I think I should have been an inventor. You know, the crackpot in the white lab coat inventing something little that would remove some of life's little frustrations like the spill free coffee carafe.

The other thing would be scum free soap that wouldn't leave a nasty film on shower walls that is a chore and a half to remove. I have considered trying to remove it with gasoline, but I really don't want to smell that stuff for days.

Too bad Billy Mays isn't around to pitch these for me.

Other times I wish the government would have issued me a baseball bat and the authority to use it as I saw fit. What first comes to mind here are car salesmen. There would be a long string of knotted heads at a lot of dealerships if .gov was stupid enough to let me do that.

The other thing that comes to mind is the sales jerk that a certain purchase would be X amount of dollars 'out the door' and when I went in to sign I found out that it wasn't 'out the door' at all. There were still taxes and a lot of other things to pay. That would have been a definite shoo-in for nine from the sky with the old Louisville Slugger.

One person that would be curled up in the fetal position wimpering under a scathing hail of blows is the idiot that tried to reinvent the USGI P-38 can opener; the little tiny one that GIs would put on their dogtag chain and use daily for about a million different things.

Life is full of little frustrations and petty indignities that we face on a daily basis.

Of course, some cheerful idiot will try and tell me to look at them as challenges, but that's a crock.

They're nothing but indignities created by people that don't have anything important to do.

1 comment:

  1. I love my P-38. I have my grandfather's on my dogtags. Not much use for it in these days of MREs, but it's still handy to have.

    ReplyDelete