Monday, May 24, 2010

So far trying to get a halfway decent roofer

is getting interesting. There are a few guys out there that seem to know what they are doing and can read.

There are a couple I am looking at.

The ones that really get my goat to no end are the ones that can’t read.

I am looking for a simple labor only bid, as I have all the materials lined up. I carefully specify this on my emails to these guys.

I also gave him a time frame. I specifically told him I was at sea and would have to wait until I got home.

Today I got a phone call from one.

He promptly started confidently telling me about all of the materials that he planned on using on my roof and how he was going to give me a real deal.

His price was ridiculously high, anyway.

Instead of getting upset, I decided to have a little fun.

“When can you start?” I asked. “I’d like to hire you right now.”

“I can start in the tomorrow,” he replied.

“Good,” I smoothly answered back. “That sounds great! Now that I’ve hired you, I have something to tell you.”

“What’s that?”

“You’re fired.”

He sounded very confused. “Why is that?”

“You can’t read,” I answered.

What is so damned hard about taking a minute to read what the customer wants?


my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment