Sunday, May 9, 2010

This morning things were too quiet

whic is interesting.

It tok me a while to figure it out and then I discovered the crystal set that has been in the corner running 24/7 for seveeral years was quiet.

There has been a tinny little sound coming from the old WW2 era headphones for years and it was then gone.

Now, as an old school guy, I knew that a crystal set needs a good ground, so I went to the baemant were there is a clamp attached to a cold water pipe and I wiggled the clamp.

Sure enough, when I went into the room, there was the familiar tinny soft noise. I picked up the old headphone, and sure enough, KDKA came through.


It's ironic that the oldest radio station in the country is playing on such a primitive radio.

my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment