Saturday, July 10, 2010

I am thinking of entering a service rifle match with an

old .22 caliber rifle that I have.

It's an old 513T Remington target rifle, a crude leftover from the 40s or so that I picked up in an antique shop several years ago and it shoots pretty straight with standard velocity ammunition.

Now the current service rifle is a .556mm, and is pretty good out to 600 yards, and a .22 rimfire has an effective range of about 50 to 100 yards, depending in a number of factors.

The service rifle match I am interested in is fired at a distance of 200 yards.

This is the story of my life.

I actually like entering competitions with less than competitive gear.

I swear, I'd take a family car and enter a NASCAR race if they would let me.

For me, it is not winning.

For me it is competing and doing the best I can with what I have.

Betcha I don't come in last with the old .22.

Something to be said for doing the best you can with what you have.


my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment