Thursday, July 1, 2010

This is the first time I ever rented

a dumpster.

Usually I simply take trash to the dump, but Ifigured it out and this is going to be a whole lot cheaper if you add everything up.

When the roof comes off tomorrow, It would easily be, say half a dozen pickup loads and these days the dump is not free. At fifty scoots per truckload, that's $300, easy. That is assuming I can get the roof crammed into six loads, which I seriouly doubt.

Plus gas, driving, tire wear etc and just the hassle of loading and unloading the pickupand $300 is a pretty good deal.

I'm jazzed and today is going to be plenty busy, as I have to do lot of prep workto make this happen.

I was planning on starting this job 5 July, but when I gothome they guys had a hole in their schedule and I figured I'd strike while the iron is hot because one never knows how jammed up a contractor can get at the last minute.

One of the things I learned is to be flexible.

The dumpster arrived and I went out and watched the guys unload it and I was good to them, easygoing and cheerful. I guess I scored points therre because the young guy driving the truck and the assistant told me that they would put the fix in so they picked it up when it's over. That's a good sign.

Being good to the crew that shows up tomorrow is going to be important because a well treated crew tends to do better work and they also overlook some of the petty extras that come up.

I'm thinking of making up a pot of biscuits and gravy, but I'm pretty sure they will come pre fed.

For me, it will be a day started off with the typical fare I have before special events like this: Steak and eggs.

The steaks are going on the grill as I write this, so it will be a long day for me as I have to do the prep work and save myself money. I'm supposed to brake all the metal and that is going to be no easy chore, as Neighbor Bob is going to camp this weekend.

I suppose I'll have all weekend, though to frig around with things, though because they don't work Saturdays or Sundays, which is cool, but I want to get things ready for tomorrow, which is probably the day the lion's share ot the project gets done.

Time to turn the steak over.

Later.




my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment