Sunday, July 11, 2010

I have been up for over an hour and I am on task.

As I was having my morning coffee out in the driveway, I coiled a garden hose, which to most is no big thing to most people.

As a person that gets half of his water from a garden hose, I look at life a little differently.

On board, the water tank of the vessel is generally kept full with a garden hose, which is carefully emptied out after each use to keep the water in it from getting stagnant.

A garden hose can get pretty nasty if you do not take care of it.

All you have to do is make sure it is empty after each use, which isn't very hard.

Most people do not understand the process, though. Both ends have to be unattached first because air has to he allowed to enter in order to replace the water that you are trying to get out of the damned thing.

I simply put one end down the street, unattach the other end from the hose bib and slowly coil it making sure it drains.

It isn't hard to do, but there are a lot of people out there that don't do a very good job of it.

my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment