Sunday, March 20, 2011

Last night sucked because I had to sleep alone.

Tonight's dinner sucked. I had a steak and I was loathe to put it on the grill but did so anyway because it was getting old and I didn't want to toss it out as throwing good beef out is a crime here.

Still, eating it brought me no joy because there wasn't a cat to share it with or at least beg for a piece. For me that has alway been part of the fun of eating a piece of steak.

Of course, earlier today we drove past a stray cat and Mrs Pic asked me to stop, which we did. The little guy took off, which is par golf. I have a feeling that I will be taking in service to another cat well before the agreed upon late summer/fall period.

When I say in service to another cat, only another cat person will understand. Cats do not have owners. Cats have a staff of attendants.

I have always maintained that General Officers should be ISSUED both a cat and a dog. The dog, of course, is to lick his hand when things go wrong and give him the encouragement to go on during troubled times.

The cat is to keep him from getting too big for his britches.

Most regrettably,I have said a few mean and petty things about Mrs Pic on this blog over the past two years or so, but I really have to say there is one special thing that amazes me about her. When it comes to the health and well being of a cat there is nobody on the face of the entire planet that is as observant of their health and well being.

Nobody.

That woman kept Tokie (a previous cat) comfortable and in fluids for well over a year and I don't think that during that year she got more than five or six hours of sleep at a time the entire time. She deserves an awful lot of credit for that. There are damned few humans capable of doing what she did and truly appreciate it.

That is all.

Good night.



my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment