Sunday, March 20, 2011

The past two days have just been a nightmare.

The day before yesterday the decision to put kitty to sleep was made and we knew it was going to be a pretty rough night. It was but we got somewhat of a miracle in that there was no emergency.

Yesterday morning we put the little guy down.

He died in my arms and he died well. I hope it is as easy for me except for the fact that we treeat our animals better than we treat out people so I figure I won't have it so easy.

My other half and I have decided that there will be no more cats in the house at least until very late summer or the fall which sound a lot better than it is because anyone that knows cats knows good and well that there is another one just lurking around the corner somewhere just getting ready to steal the heart of a good natured slob like me. Cats are conniving animals that way.

We'll see what happens next.

=====================================
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


I am watching the Japanese deal with the tsunami and they make me ashamed to be an American in a way.

I see no looting or rioting or panic. They simply wait their turn for things patiently and try and look out for the good of the country as a whole. They seem to share in the suffering.

Unlike the pictures I saw of Katrina in New Orleans a while back where there was widespread looting. I really believe that the National Guard should have been given orders to shoot the bastards right in the head. There is no excuse for that whatsoever.

There is some sort of request to conserve energy there and I'd just bet that the average Japanese family has gone home and unplugged everything that isn't totally necessary for basic survival.

Why, I'd bet that they're even drying their hair with plain old air!

Whoda ever thought!

In this country if they announced that we had to do away with a third of our household energy use or face blackouts I would simply make sure the kerosene lamps were full as there are a lot of idiots that just can't live without their special something, be it hair dryer or electric blanket or something.An announcement like that would only mean that there was going to be a blackout.

Many Americans just do not seem to get it and it is infuriating.

What gets me is that many of these people that would continue energy use in troubled times are the welfare types, many of whom seem to think the world owes them a living.

Anyway, Kudos to the Japanese for giving the word 'civilization' a good name.







my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment