Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No I do not want to keep the poor and minorities down.

I listened to some crap a while ago about some kind of evil conspiracy to keep the Black man down and it is the biggest bucket of hogwash I have ever heard in my entire life. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Why would I logically want to keep someone down? There is simpy nothing in it for me by keeping a person down, and when you get right down to it, keeping someone down is pretty stupid.

I don't want the poor to stay poor and I don't want the minorities to be kept down. I want them to succeed and get ahead.

The truth is that in this country the poor cost the rest of us a lot of money. They utilize many of the social welfare programs and that has to be paid for somehow. Of course, it comes out of out hard earned tax dollars. Those of us that have jobs, careers and that sort of thing get walloped every year come 15 April right in the back pocket. A good chunk of that money goes to take care of the poor. If the poor stop being poor and take care of themselves then the government (meaning the taxpayers) might just be able to save a few bucks for themselves.

This would be the ultimate win/win situation.

I'd get to see a bigger chunk of my weekly pay because I wouldn't be coughing it every week to the government to give to someone else. Who knows? Maybe I could afford a better brand of beer or something. That would be nice.

Besides, Martin Luther King once said that for every black man in the gutter there was a white man holding him down there.

Assuming what he said is true, I'll let you in on a little secret.

I have a whole lot better things to do than sit in some damned gutter and hold someone down.

For one thing, it would take from the time I spend drinking beer with Neighbor Bob. That's just the beginning of a very long list of things I consider more important than sitting in a gutter. I won't begin to post the list here.

To the guy that was talking about the evil conspiracy to keep the Black man down, all I can say is that if you spent about half the time and effort trying to get ahead instead of whining and feeling sorry for yourself, than we'd both be a whole lot happier.

Then again, there are just some people that are not happy unless they are miserable.

Of course, maybe he is like Brother Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson because HE doesn't want minorities to be successful because if they become successful they will be out of a job.





my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment