Friday, March 11, 2011

Not a good time for me right now.

This is not a good time for me because I have a cat that is slowly dieing on me which flat out sucks.

I’m going to have to call this one and I really do not like it at all.

The little guy has cancer of the intestine and is having one hell of a time with it because he really can’t pass a whole lot and therefore can’t eat a whole lot.

Normally this would be a simple case of either some type of operation or simply euthanasia if he were younger.

This animal is about 20 years old which is well past the life expectancy of a cat and a major operation would be like giving a heart transplant to a 117 year old man.

Euthanasia is going to be the answer, but the problem is when. The little guy still has an awful lot of spunk in him.

One of the things over the years I have to say about cats is that I see the essence of being a cat. They are the most interesting animal out there if you are an observer of animals.

A cat that is spunky, which is to say all healthy cats, will walk on the first section of his paws. When a cat starts walking flat-footed then something is wrong.

The other thing is that they all have hunting instincts and playful instincts. Rare is the cat that doesn’t react to a dangling string.

This guy hasn’t shown signs of either walking flat-footed or ignoring the string. He is also still leaping up on things, which cats generally do.

It is going to be awfully hard for me to put a cat down that is still behaving like a cat because it shows me that the little guy is not really at the point where he is truly suffering.

Then again, I think I am going to have to throw a part of the human equation into this because my other half is taking this totally to heart and really isn’t getting any sleep over this situation.

It bothers me to no end seeing her sacking out on the couch and knowing that the instant the little guy goes on the move she will be instantly awake to observe every move he makes.

All of the other animals we have had have been put down when they stop being what they are and let me know that it is time. They have their ways and show me their little clues.

This tough old bastard is different because he isn’t showing any signs that he is going to stop being a cat.

I think that I am going to have to put him down a little early because the way things are, it really isn’t right to watch my other half suffer.

She takes things like this too much to heart.

It speaks highly of her.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment