Saturday, September 24, 2011

Again it is the middle of the night

and I am on a different watch and it is a tad rough.

Until a couple of years ago this was my watch for almost 20 years, the night watch and I loved it. A couple of years ago I went to the day watch and I guess I just got used to it. Switching over is a bear as for some reason from 1800 to midnight I cannot seem to sleep.

Next tour I will go back to the day watch and everything will be hunky-dory again I hope.
=================================================


In a couple of days there will be a new trash removal program in the town I live in and already I am beginning to think that this is simply another scam the city is stuffing down our throat.

Neighbor Bob and I discussed it a day or two before I left and our timing was pretty good as the idiot down the street was ambling by. Bob and I were discussing what we were going to do with ‘dead strippers’, aka those things that are hard to get rid of like old tires. Of course, the idiot overheard us and reported what she heard and we got another visit from our friendly, local neighborhood police officer.

Instead of an ass-chewing the visit was pretty neat. He let his hair down a bit, a neighbor dropped by and he admitted that although being called to my place every so often he didn’t mind it too much because at least a call here is interesting and he knows there won’t be any Jerry Springer stuff to deal with.

I found out that when Nebby Larry called them over the (non) Bangalore torpedoes incident last spring the dispatcher wanted to call the bomb squad but this officer told him to hold off. It probably saved all of us a lot of trouble.

Smart cops are a wonderful asset to any community, and dumb ones given to panic and over reaction are a huge waste of time and taxpayer money. That isn’t restricted to police officers. It holds true in almost all fields of endeavor.

Still, it was funny hearing a police officer say that there was no way we were going to be able to stuff a pair of Anna Nicole Smiths into one of the new trash containers.

Maybe I’ll post that tomorrow.





my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment