Saturday, September 10, 2011

Just some leftovers from the pad that never went anywhere

I was going through a supermarket checkout once and there were a bunch of tabloids with headlines about some woman that claimed she was raising the child of a space alien.

I wryly looked at the cashier and asked her if she had any children and she replied she was planning on having one. I asked her if she was planning on having one with her husband or a space alien, on obvious reference to the tabloid headlines.

She smirked and said she was undecided because if she had a child with a space alien she could probably sell the story for enough to put the kid through college. I was delighted to see that she was so quick on the uptake.

The nosy woman behind me wasn't as quick. The look of confusion on her face was very amusing, but what was REALLY amusing is that she started looking at the tabloids and figured out what the conversation was all about. The look of understanding and following look of feeling a bit foolish was worth it.
===========================
Speaking of Space Aliens, I am seeing a few programs about how the Germans supposidly had contacts with space people and were getting ready to use technology they gleaned from them. What is next?

Is Elvis really dead or did he just return to his home on some other planet?
============================

Today is 'leftovers for breakfast day' which is one of my favorite days of the entire tour.

This morning's wake up meal consists of a couple of ribs which I will heat up, a pair of chicken drumsticks which I will eat cold, and about a dozen nice shrimp and some peas.

Although I will heat up the ribs, the rest will be yaffled down cold as it is the way I like leftovers like that.

A few years back I had a shipmate that would show up for crew change with a fresh pizza that would go straight into the refrigerator and the following morning breakfast would be cold pizza and ice cold coke which was pretty good.





my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment