Saturday, September 17, 2011

Idle thoughts as I have my morning coffee

I wonder how Prince Harry is doing these days. He's supposidly headed off to Apache helicopter school out in Nevada which is cool. I hope he does OK.
I'd bet he's going to fly one of those rigs in combat over Afghanistan sometime. I'd like to buy him a good 1911a1 .45 caliber pistol in case he gets forced down and needs a little help. I'm not a big fan of the NATO-issued 9mm which is what he'll be issued.

His brother I suppose is still flying SAR missions which is also cool. I wonder if he and his bride are busy putting beans in the jar.

The reason I thought about these people is because in a supermarket tabloid yesterday I read that Kate has had an affair with a space alien and is expecting twins.
___________________________________

Last night I chided my neighbor for not bringing his son with him when we do things together. The kid is welcome. Part of being an old man is passing things on down to the youngsters. My neighbor seemed pleased that I did this to him. I think he probably thought that an old goat like me didn't want kids around.

Back when I was growing up I spent a lot of time with my dad and older guys. It is one of the ways younger guys become decent men is by watching decent men and how they interact. I guess they call this mentoring tese days but back then it was just hanging out with the old man and his pals.
--------------------------------------------
Elvis is STILL dead.
--------------------------------------------
Last night when I was holding court in te open garage freezing my ass off Neighbor Bob went home without checking out. When we noticed he had left we went hunting for him and accidentally woke his wife when we got there checking up on him. Of course, he caught hell for it.

He was decent enough this morning not to blame us as he knew the rules. Next time he'll check out.
____________________________________________
I wonder what today will bring.
--------------------------------------------

I think that today I will see if one of my neighbors wants to sight in his deer rifle at the range. If so, I'll take him to the club. While this is a nice thing to do, it also ought to insure I get a piece of venison.
---------------------------------------------
Yesterday night heating season officially began as I let the furnace rumble itself started for the first time since sometime last early May.
WHile in a while I will be used to the heat it provided there is something entirely different between the heat the furnace provides and the heat mother nature has provided. I like the natural heat an awful lot better.
----------------------------------------------
Fall has been in the air the past couple of days and nights. I took my final pictures of the garden I planted and another neighbor I saw when I was out yesterday smiled and told me she enjoyed the flowers I planted. That made it all worth it.
---------------------------------------------
As I have gotten older I like the way I feel. I am a lot more confident about things and feel I have little if anything to hide. I simply do what I want and the rest of the world can kiss my derriere.

It is fun being an Old School sailor and tough guy and doing things that make people's eyes roll like planting pretty flowers.
----------------------------------------------
Winter is on its way and I wish I had another cat to enjoy, maybe a nice orange one. I seem to get along with orange cats the best.
-----------------------------------------------
As I write the furnace rumbled back on and is providing it's unnatural feeling heat. Summer is pretty much over. We might get another good day or two but next time home I'll have to mow the wayback to knock the weeds down.
----------------------------------------------
Yesterday afternoon I noticed the birds seem to have vacated the houses I built for them last spring. Wile I was nooping around looking at them the deer hove into view. Both of the fawns I watched last spring are now pretty big and maybe next spring they might be having fawns of their own. It is amazing how nature works and I hope to see the same thing next spring.
--------------------------------------
I think that next spring I am not going to grow as big a garden as I did.
There were grasses planted this year and some last year and they seem to be taking over large chunks of the garden and that ought to be a pretty good deal as they are pretty low maintenance.
-------------------------------------
I think tonight I will play radio operator.
---------------------------------------
My coffee is finished. Here's today's post.

my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment