Friday, September 9, 2011

Piccolo's double your money back guarentee.

Over the years I have had a number of comments made regarding grammar, punctuation and spelling errors I have made in this blog.

Most of the spelling errors are typographical as I am a lousy typist.

As for grammar and punctuation errors all I can say is that if you find one of my posts with a grammar or punctuation error in it you are eligible for Piccolo's double your money back guarentee. I will give you twice of what I have charged you for reading this.

For those of you that are grammar nazis but did not do well in math, I will do the math for you to make things very clear: 2x0=0. Perhaps that requires an explaination. I charge nothing for this. Two times nothing is nothing.

I write this for myself and simply open it up so that anyone that wants to can read it.

I boast a regular readership of 36 subscribers which is 34 more than I expected when I opened this up over 800 posts ago. My sister loves me and my nephew does, too. That is about all I expected to have for regulars.

I will be the first to say that I do not always put my round into the X-ring, au contraire, sometimes I don't even hit the paper which I suppose is fine OK every once in a while as nobody shoots perfect scores. All I can really say is that at least I am at bat daily trying to do something to please myself by venting here. It is a lot more than some people do.

Whatever.

To the grammar nazis, out there we ought to look at this from my point of view.

Over half of these posts are written at sea under any number of conditions up to and including our recent hurricane, Irene. During Irene I spent about 30 hours up wondering about little mundane details like if we were going to drag anchor and wind up on the beach somewhere.

At sea most of the posts are nothing more than something that gets squeezed in during some field of activity of one sort or another. I am often preoccupied.

At home I often crank this out while I am having my morning coffee and am still half asleep. I seldom get to sit down relaxed and enjoy writing this blog. Life for me is too hectic. There is too much to do. While I am at sea I am working, while I am at home I am busy catching up with things that need to be done around the house.

Although the deadline for getting my posts out is self-imposed, to me it is still there and very real. I seldom proofread and simply post as soon as it is done.

When you add everything up and look at it I'd have to say that all and all this isn't too bad of a little project, all things considered.

Incidentally, I have not put the mistletoe away from last Christmas. It is affixed to my shirt-tail. If the shoe fits...

my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. 36?
    I do not believe it.
    ...or perhaps the HiveMind is only counted as one.

    ReplyDelete