Monday, September 19, 2011

I was asking a few people about a special ham event because I just

sent off for a QSL card from one that was hosted by a club in the Blue Ridge mountains.

They had set up 7 stations along the Blue Ridge Parkway and I managed to QSO 4 of them which I guess means I get a certificate of some sort.

I'd like to host my own special event, a fox hunt.

I'm in pretty good shape for my age and I do believe that with my manpack rig I could hit the fields and hills of SW Pennsylvania and I could stay ahead of a club or two for an entire weekend.

It would be fun to try. I'd just set up the backpack rig, make a few contacts and pick up and move. All contacts I make get a special QSL card.

I'm going to have to think about this, though. Winter is coming on and I really do not want to be tramping around in the snow.

However, maybe this coming spring if I have managed to survive another winter with my health and sanity I might try this. It ought to be fun.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment