Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back in the saddle again

Which means I will be in internet range until I get off of this pig which will happen in a couple of days.

We are now inside and out of the slop which is always a good thing. I am up, there is a cup of coffee in front of me and here I am. It was a long haul and it is nearing the end and then when we get to port I will discharge the cargo and probably get off. After that there will be another.

Someone once described going to work as simply being a machine that hasn't been invented yet. It is one of those things an astute young man said in high school.

One of the other things I remember from high school is something that has stayed with me for all of those years. It was on the subject of rules, regulations and government.

It was some sort of student government thing. There was a campaign going on and the usual candidates debate hokum was taking place.

Someone looked at me and said simply, If we would all live responsibly we wouldn't need all of this crap.

True enough, but we don't.

One of the biggest things that makes me wonder is why we humans as a race do not simply execute those that ruin things for everybody else.

Remember the guy that got drunk at the company party and tore up the cubicles? Now we don't have a Christmas party anymore, yet the guy that ruined it for everyone else is still there.

Why not continue the party and just euthanize the jerk that otherwise would have ruined it for everyone else.

Politics in this country depress me because it generally seems that the people that get to the top are generally the very oness we don't even want to exist in out soeiety.

As far as I can see, we simply ought to take just about all of out elected officials and get rid of them and start fresh. Frankly I don't really care a whole lot about what you do with any of them. Just get rid of them all and replace them with people that truly want to serve.

While as a working stiff I really do not aspire for any real leadership position, I suppose that if it was my turn to take a slot in a local office I would and you can bet that when my term was over I'd be out of there like a shot.

A friend of mine once said that if he went back into the army he would work hard at staying a slick-sleeved private because he did not like the idea of telling someone else what to do. I can see it.

Sometimes I feel the same way.

It is too bad that we didn't figure out that simply getting rid of the jerks makes it easier on everyone else. We'd all be beter off and then every four years we wouldn't have to put up with this disgusting spectacle called an election where the very jerks we want to get rid of in the first place vie for the opportunity to lead us.

Save nine. Six for pallbearers, two for road guards and one lanky, long leger, four-eyes SOB to carry the boom box.


my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment