Monday, March 5, 2012

Well, yesterday life imitated art while I was at the zoo.

Yup, yesterday I went to the zoo. I have not been to a zoo in well over 40 years and it was pretty neat in a way seeing all the animals. I especially like the big cats. They made me wonder what it would be like to have one on a leash as a seeing eye leopard.

Anyway, while I was looking at the elephants something happened. I had a bright idea and this was just another case of a man having to do what a man has to do.

I fished out my cell phone and went to the ring tone I use for Neighbor Bob, the Tarzan yell and played it twice. The first time the elephants heard it the looked to see where it was coming from. The second time I played it they started trumpeting.

I quit while I was ahead and a few seconds later a staffer came in and started looking around and asked me if I had done anything to make the elephants trumpet like that.

You all know the drill. I said, "Who me?" and shrugged "I was just standing here looking at the elephants."

He gave me a dubious look and shuffled off.

I figured that I did quit while I was ahead because maybe if I had played the yell a third time I might have started an elephant stampede or something. Picture about 6 or 8 elephants out running around looking for a native village to tear up.

Anyway that is good to know. For all these years I figured that it was just a bunch of Hollywood malarkey but the Tarzan yell really does get attention from elephants. Pretty neat.

I figure I got off light. I do not recommend trying this. An elephant stampede would not he a good sight to behold.

Besides, there were no vines nearby for me to swing on to escape with.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment