Tuesday, July 17, 2012

One ot the things I am going to do before I cash in my chips

 is go to my nephew's wedding which I guess is scheduled for next year sometime.




This is not a bad deal and for just about the first time I am going to go to a wedding because I want to and not because I have been coerced into it.



Over the years I have come up with the damnedest excuses to get out of going to weddings because I don't like them. I suppose a lot of men don't.



This one is different and I want to go to this one for a whole slew of reasons.



I am honored to be invited because my sister and the mother of the bride told both of them that they could invite whomever they wanted and didn't have to invite anyone they didn't want. This is rare because when the couple getting married do this there are certainly going to be a lot of bent noses of people that didn't get invited.



Of course, the instant my nephew invited me I got a call from my sister telling me that I had better behave myself and that she was bringing an assortment of throat lozenges and a bunch of other stuff including a gag because just about every time the preacher gets to the 'speak now or forever hold your piece' line a fly lands in my throat and I cough. I guess I'll just slap a piece of duct tape over my mouth for that part.



I am going to make this one. I am simply going to reverse all of the tricks I have used to get out of going to weddings and make about as much effort to attend that I generally do to squirm out of weddings.



This is one that I am looking forward to.




my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment