Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I posted a picture on Facebook

 of myself in Old School flight clothing standing in front of the Stearman I rented a couple of years ago. I labeled the picture as being taken in 1933 after Jimmy Cox and I shot an oversized ape off of the Empire State Building.

You watch. Someone's going to get indignant and call BS over it and make a big deal over it. Of course it's BS. I'm not 108 years old. 

A few years back on another website I made a comment about charging up San Juan Hill with Teddy Roosevelt and someone accused me of all sorts of things. Of course, it simply showed me he couldn't count. I would have had to have been 129 years old at the time. This takes into account that I claimed to heve enlisted at 16 using someone else's birth records.

One of my admirers was pretty quick. He took the famous picture of Teddy and the Rough Riders standing on top of the hill and put an arrow aimed at the hat of one of the guys. His face wasn't exposed, only his hat. He labeled the arrow "Piccolo". I'll be damned if I didn't get a letter of apology from my accuser.

Come on people! You have to at least think!

I have a scar on my torso and a couple of years back when I was taking off a sweatshirt my T-shirt rode up and exposed it. The guy that saw it asked me about it and I told him I caught a Japanese bayonet at Tarawa. As I told the guy this I winked at an old timer on the other side of me that had fought in the Pacific.  He picked up on it and smirked.

The battle had been fought 8 years before I was born. I would have had to have been 26 years older to have been there.

The guy asked me if I'd be willing to tell his son's history class about fighting the Japanese Empire. In return I asked him to guess my age which he did fairly accurately. Then I asked him if he could count.

He looked foolish for a second and shook his head.

I looked at the Pacific vet and said, "Guess I'm going to have to back it up to going over the top with Black Jack Pershing!" 

He laughed. "Go back to Teddy Roosevelt," he said.

"Yeah, I suppose," I said. "If they want to think I'm 135 years old, that's on them."

Anyway, we'll see what happens. Someone's bound to question the picture and if they do I'll figure out a reply.

This ought to be good. Most likely I'll drag Fay Wray into it as she is STILL the all time scream queen.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment